Sunday, November 4, 2007

Welcome To The Soul Shack!

For a while I've been considering my own Blog. After all, who are you these days without your own little spot on the Internet. Nobody may be waiting on my rambling and musings, but I like to write, so sue me.

My name is Alex, but I like to call myself SoulBoogieAlex on the net. For obvious reasons, I love Sweet Soul Music. I love music that gets right down to the real nitty gritty. Soul music has always been that door I took into the wonderful world of music, movies, arts and food. With this Blog I'm aiming to do the same thing, sharing all things real and Soulful with anybody who wants to read about it.

What is Soul!!!! Funkadelic asked that same question on their 1970 album. " Soul is a hamhock in your cornflakes" they made it out to be. Soul is greasy, slippery, not to be grasped. Soul gets deep inside your heart, your booty, your knee caps. Soul is a state of mind, something spiritual, something real yet beyond reach. Is Sam Cooke Soul? Sho 'nuff! Ray Charles? You betcha! Miss Aretha Franklin? The Queen! James Brown? The God Father!!!! Johnny Cash!?!? If you don't get him you've got a hole in your Soul!

In short, expect nothing and get everything here.

No comments: